Thursday, March 17, 2005

What UTP pairs do I use on a phone jack?

There you are with a four pair wire, and a six conductor phone jack that has terminations for only three of the pairs. Which pair gets left out? It helps to look at a list of pair designations:

Pair 1: blue and white
Pair 2: orange and white
Pair 3: green and white
Pair 4: brown and white

If you're wiring only three pairs, you use the first three. If you're wiring only two pairs, you use the first two. That's easy enough. But sometimes things get more confusing and you have to terminate quad wire onto a Cat 3 jack or attach Cat 3 or Cat 5e cable to a telephony plate with quad wire screw terminals. In those cases you need to know how the quad wire conductors and Cat 3 or Cat 5e cable conductors match up so that you can translate between the coloring schemes. You may run into "quad wire" that has six conductors; the additional two conductors (blue and white) are included in the list below:

Red: blue conductor of the blue and white pair
Green: white conductor of the blue and white pair
Yellow: orange conductor of the orange and white pair
Black: white conductor of the orange and white pair
Blue: green conductor of the green and white pair
White: white conductor of the green and white pair

7 Comments:

At February 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

 
At February 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, intention look ahead in behalf of more interdependent articles without delay as its united of my choice question to read.

 
At April 23, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Anonymous туры в барселоне said...

Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.

 
At June 21, 2018 at 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0621
kate spade outlet
toms shoes
longchamp outlet
air more uptempo
polo shirts
ugg boots
jack wolfskin
cazal sunglasses
bvlgari jewelry
visvim shoes

 
At September 12, 2018 at 4:10 AM, Anonymous Digital marketing course said...

Thanks for sharing very nice article

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


News Directory organized by subject, including Education.